Monday 26 October 2009

New York

I decided to leave Mexico early and spend longer then a day and a half in New York. And I'm so glad I did. I arrived at JFK airport and it was pouring with rain. I was wearing a short skirt and a strappy top. Well I have had a prolonged very sunny summer. I got a bit cold and wet but didn't really mind. So first stop had to be century 21 - NY's biggest discount store. I was good - all I bought was a nice purple coat and some boots - just the essentials me thinks. Century 21 is opposite ground zero, which I had a walk around. It’s all blocked off and is now just a big construction site inside. Still it was quite sad to see it - all those images from years ago seem so real now.

I've decided I am very much a Manhattan girl. There is just a certain vibe there. I seemed to blend in quite well and it amused me when the ticket touting bus tour guides just smiled and let me pass while they zoomed in on some map holding, camera showing, big apple t-shirt wearing groups of people. But I did hit the main tourist spots. The statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Central Park, Broadway, The Empire state building.

I also walked a lot up and down 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th avenue and Broadway. I wondered around Times Square and went to Madame Tausards. I also managed to squeeze in a show - called Burn the Floor as I am missing my strictly Come Dancing this year.

There was a lot of Halloween set up which put a wintery feel to it. I didn't want to leave.

But I did leave and had a far too excitable 2 and half hours in ENGLAND. Ok I didn’t leave Heathrow but still it was nice to be home for a bit. But time keeps a moving and Madrid was waiting just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment