Wednesday 14 September 2011

I'm single and I'm 24

Sunday and Monday we decided to have rest days after the two-day trips. Dominic, our wine tour guide from Thursday had made a prediction of rain for Sunday. Something to do with the mountains visibility. We think he just looked at the weather forecast. Anyway it looked set to come true. Gloomy and cloudy and to add to it the first day we got in trouble. Let me first describe our neighbors. We have named them all but as you may find out the names are not all that imaginative. There is Mr. and Mrs. Belgium who have roped off their area but also lent us a hammer on the first day so we are going with liking them. Then there is Mr. and Mrs. pirate. They have a pirate flag outside their tent. Seem nice enough and the flag is useful for the drunken staggerings. Then there are Mr. and Mrs. hippy, again nice enough and they just appear hippy like. Next we have Mr. and Mrs. French. They put in the first complaint about us because our pitch was too messy for their liking. I’m not sure it had anything to do with the growing pile of empty win um I’m mean lemonade bottles we had. Lastly there is family caravan. On Monday night we breached quite time for the first time since our arrival by about ten minutes. Now, to be fair it was a bit of an argument but Mr. caravan took it upon himself to violently shake our tent until we were beat to his submission. Very rude me thinks.

Now back to the security guards. Mr. and Mrs. French had actually told on us. Mr. guard dog himself came and told me and Lukas off like we were naughty school kids. Later they told me off for speeding (15km/hr) and at one point we saw one of them lovingly hosing down their speed bump. Power hungry to say the least.

Sunday night we went for a meal at the campsite restaurant. We ran into a couple of English girls there who were a little bit on the rowdy side. It was one of their birthdays so we agreed to join them for a drink. Speaking English was enough for them to like us. After dinner we headed over to the bar where we were forced to order some over-priced cocktails. Now for some reason their cocktail was named fun on the beach compared to the English equivalent. Paul the eurocamp guide was at the bar so I decided to pose this question to him. Something along the lines of why he didn’t have sex on the beach and I may have added another English cocktail into the mix. Paul has two pre-emptive answers to any question by day – “I can fix anything” by night “I’m single and I’m 24”. Made my question rather awkward but I asked it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment